What makes us different ...
Orijen and Acana are un-equalled by any other commercial pet food kibble. Orijen was awarded ‘PetFood of the Year’ by the Glycemic Research Institute of Washington DC as the healthiest petfood in the world and is the only complete range of 6-star rated dog food available on the New Zealand market – as rated by www.dogfoodanalysis.com.
The highest inclusion of PREMIUM protein ingredients found in a kibble. Grain free formulas, no by-products, nothing imported, only Canadian regionally sourced ingredients, delivered FRESH each day (never frozen), no preservatives or additives, cooked slowly in small batches at low temperatures to preserve all the goodness that nature intended.
When you include the steamed fruits and vegetables, the health promoting herbs and botanicals that read like a natropathic recipe, it’s pretty easy to see why we’re the best.
Why Orijen is so incredibly different …
- Entirely Canadian regional ingredients, nothing imported, nothing out-sourced - never frozen delivered daily to their own manufacturing facility in Morrinville, Alberta.
- Processed every day in small batches, lightly steamed at 90 degrees C to retain all the vitamins and minerals contained in their fresh ingredients.
- Totally artificial preservative and additive free, no artificial flavourings or colourings what-so-ever
- The highest inclusion of PREMIUM meats (80%), chicken, turkey, fish and whole eggs found in a kibble. Human grade muscle meats - not by-products, ground up carcasses and highly processed waste streams
- The only complete range of GRAIN free dried dog food available in New Zealand.
- Orijen has attained the highest 6 star rating dog food as rated by www.dogfoodanalysis.com
- Awarded Pet food of the Year by the Glycemic Research Institute of Washington DC as literally the healthiest pet food on the planet! Orijen has received this award for the last three years in a row, Champion Petfoods are the only company to achieve this - ever!
Is an offshoot of boxerworld.com - the largest and longest running doggie internet forum in the US. Obviously a reflection of how many boxers exist in North America. Their forum dealt with so many questions regarding nutrition and feeding that a group of nutritional enthusiasts thought it warranted a separate, independent website.
They created a system to review and grade all submitted dog foods from around the world and issue each one with a star ranging from one to six - one being the lowest and six being the highest. If your current dog food is not showing you can submit it for classification, they will assess it for you.
They are not associated with any dog food manufacturers and are not sponsored in any way. Their advice is un-biased and independent – they have no barrow to push! Rate your current food here …
GLYCEMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Glycemic Research Institute is a nationally accredited testing and certification organisation approved by the United States Government and others.
The Glycemic Research Institute (GRI) conducts independent clinical and analytical research on pet foods and pet treats. GRI has examined hundreds of pet foods from 2004 to the present in order to determine the healthiest overall products, focusing on anti-aging, diabetes, arthritis, glycemic, and blood glucose and insulin response, in the canine and feline.
As a non-profit, independent research organisation the Glycemic Research Institute has no ties to the pet food industry and does not accept monies from any company for the Pet Food of the Year Award or any other Pet Food Award. You can review this award here …
If you are concerned about your dog’s nutrition, now you have an alternative. Orijen has been available in New Zealand since Dec 2008 and is rapidly gaining recognition by the New Zealand pet owning public as the best around. We’re confident your treasured pet will thrive on Orijen – like to other. If you have any concerns – don’t hesitate to drop us a line … firstname.lastname@example.org.